Monday, May 4, 2009

He loves my buns!


Hamburger buns that is!

I try to keep at least 8 to 12 of these in the freezer. Four of these fit nicely in a gallon sized Ziploc freezer bag. They thaw nicely on the counter, when I remember to take them out in the morning before dinner. I make these from a King Arthur Whole Wheat Dinner Roll recipe found here. They are very yummy as dinner rolls too, especially if you brush melted butter on them just as they come out of the oven. My daughter will ask for a dinner roll for her snack instead of a cookie, she loves them that much. My former neighbor Little B used to love them too. The only change I make to the recipe is that I use no white flour, I use all whole wheat and they come out nice and soft. The recipe makes 8 nice sized hamburger buns baked on a cookie sheet or 16 dinner rolls baked in a 9 X 13 pan. Just slice the buns with a bread knife when you are ready to use them.

1 comment:

Teri said...

B misses your buns!!! They ARE tasty!