Friday, August 8, 2008

Journaling my thoughts

Just some random thoughts and observations as I go through this process.

I find myself staring at women with gray hair! I've not gotten the nerve to actually approach a stranger but I keep admiring women with beautiful gray/silver hair! I love the different colors of gray.

I also find myself looking at women with hair dyed way too dark. I used to be one of those women. After almost every color I would come home and wash my hair at least 3 times a day the first week after coloring to "lighten" it up a bit. LOL

I can't wait to be free of the color! I am so glad that I found the courage to let the color go!

I called the hair salon this morning to schedule an appointment for a cut/trim next week. The salon owner answered the phone, someone else does my hair, and she remembered me! LOL She jokingly told me that they have women coming in to cover the gray, not get excited that the gray is growing in! They haven't had anyone decide to go gray and stop coloring in the salon before. LOL I'm a celebrity!

No comments: